Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 6

January 10, 2012

Today is a lot harder to write about than I thought it was going to be. Today is a perfect example of why I decided to start this daily journal/blog. Two hours ago, I planned on sitting down to write about my second day of bootcamp which was fun, motivating and made me feel really good about myself and my future ambitions to improve my health. I was going to write about what a nice evening I had eating dinner and drinking wine with friends and about how I am becoming comfortable in this town and content with my small circle of friends whose company I enjoy so much. 


I came home two hours ago to upsetting news that my old classroom assistant from my first year teaching committed suicide last night.  Oh how the Lord likes to keep me on my toes. I am so lost, confused and incredibly sad right now. I spent the afternoon with this friend a month ago on the day of my brother's wedding, and I spoke with her over Christmas break as we tried to make plans for lunch together. Why is life so confusing?


But in the midst of all of this, I must remember why I started this journal. I must remember that God has a plan in everything, and even when our days seem sad and gloomy, there was good in that day. This is going to be a much harder challenge than I could have ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment