Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 11

January 15, 2012

Today was a long day. It was one of those days that I just wanted to lay in bed all day and truthfully probably was exhausted enough that I could have. Lisa's viewing and Rosary was today. I was raised Methodist and Episcopalian, so although I appreciate and feel comfortable with the Catholic rituals I am very unfamiliar with a Rosary. My Catholic friends reassured me that I should go and Kani let me borrow her Rosary Beads (blessed by the Pope!) and wrote out what I called a "cheat sheet" telling me what to say! I am very glad that I went. It was a beautiful vigil and the Rosary was very special. The priest had us tie each decade to a memory we held in our hearts of Lisa. 


It was such a special way to remember her, and being in such a focused state of prayer brought me so much peace. I don't think this will ever be easier for me, I will never find understanding in her death, but I am thankful for this evening and the gift of experiencing some peace. I pray that Lisa too has finally found peace.


This verse came to my mind as I was writing tonight:


And here's a poster I found and think is a great reminder:



No comments:

Post a Comment