Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 12

January 16, 2012

Today is another hard day to write about. The mass and burial for Lisa were today. It's hard to be positive in the midst of so much sorrow. It's hard to hear about death, and be told that we never know the timing, however in this situation, she DID know the timing. I feel like I have already lost the feeling of peace that I found last night! Come back!!!

I am again thankful for friends and family that are living. When Shawn died this summer, my loyal friend Casey drove up in the middle of the night to be with me, I didn't even ask her to. She also came to Shawn's funeral to be there for me. She did the same again today. She had only met Lisa once, yet was here for me today, to drive me, talk with me, and support me in the way only a friend can. 

As we were driving to the burial, I saw a billboard for Wicked. It reminded me of a conversation Lisa and I had just after Thanksgiving. We were going to take her oldest son to see Wicked! I approached D this afternoon and asked if that was something he still wanted to do and assured him that I wouldn't let this stop us from getting to see Wicked. So now I have something to look forward to, and I hope her son will find some happiness in having something fun to look forward to as well.

Speaking of "Wicked" here's an appropriate quote to end the day with:

It well may be,
That we will never meet again,
In this lifetime.
So let me say before we part,
So much of me,
Is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me,
Like a handprint on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end,
I know you have re-written mine,
By being my friend... 
-"For Good", Wicked 

No comments:

Post a Comment